Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Story

Many of you are familiar with the term ‘Freshman 10’. This is the 10 pounds that a lot of college students gain during their freshman year, which many people never lose. In my freshman year of college I gained 30 pounds! I had started eating mostly frozen pizzas, prepackaged microwave dinners, and drank nonstop soda. I tried exercise but as a busy college student working a part time job, I just didn’t have the time or energy to keep it up. Once you get out of college it’s usually worse, because now you work a 40 hours a week job that takes more energy than school did, and as you get older your metabolism is slowing down, which makes you gain even more weight. With that weight comes a lack of energy, more money for more food, joint pain, and some serious health problems.

Until a few months ago this is the direction I was headed, at 5’9” I was 230lbs. For that height, I should be closer to 170; that’s about 60 pounds over weight! So I spent a lot of time researching diet and exercise when I could find a few minutes with my hectic schedule and I finally realized that most people don’t need to diet, and can lose weight without hours of exercise! Of course eating healthy foods and getting enough exercise is certainly healthy for your heart, and we should do this if we can, but so few of us have the time. You don’t have to wait for a sabbatical or a summer vacation to make the first steps. The biggest things you can do are just changes in HOW you eat instead of completely changing your diet and spending 5+ hours at the gym each week. There are many simple things you can do to drastically change your lifestyle and improve your health. Even the busiest of us can manage to make these simple changes! Since these discoveries I have lost my entire ‘Freshman 30’, and in only a matter of weeks.

Many of us know that exercise and a really clean diet can help us lose weight, but most of us don’t know many of the simple tips that can make it easy and quick. These simple changes to how we eat can do so many of us so much good I wanted to share this information and help people get healthy. Much of what I learned was from Fatloss4idiots, which is an online program for fat loss that doesn’t depend on expensive foods you order through them or extensive exercise, something I just didn’t have time for. I was really skeptical at first, like I would be with any online company, especially one with such a gimmicky name, but I looked up some reviews of the program and testimonies by people who had used it, and everything I found pointed to success. It was very simple, straight forward, and easy to implement. With the Fat Loss 4 Idiots program I added the other tips and methods I found in my search for healthy fat loss, and had amazing success with fat loss for the first time in my life. In the first few weeks alone I lost the 30 pounds I had been holding since my freshman year in college, and so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment